Thursday, August 11, 2011

What If This Would Be The Day...

It has been an extremely busy week as I have been working with the faculty of Hamilton Heights Christian Academy in preparation for the first day of school tomorrow. We are really excited about the upcoming year. We have a great group of kids from the greater Chattanooga area who will be attending our high school, along with 12 international students from Venezuela, Brazil, South Korea, Serbia, and Lithuania. I am so grateful for the opportunity God has given me to work with our faculty, the families, and these students. To think that He gives me the opportunity to interact with 60 teenagers every weekday of the school year...that is an amazing blessing. They keep me young! But I am behind on my posts because of the preparations for school's first day.

This past week, we completed our sermon series entitled Looking At Eternity. I will have to say, it has been one of the most talked about sermon series I have ever preached. I have received more comments and questions about this series than any series I have every preached. This week's sermon was entitled What If This Would Be The Day... Like the sermon on Hell, the rapture is a subject that I have very seldom shared. For those of you who don't know me, I tend to be more of a practical living preacher than an apologetical preacher, so this was a tough series for me because it stretched my preparation and studies.

A few years ago, I was watching a pastor on television. I have great respect for the minister and usually enjoy his ministry. But the sermon to his congregation that day was really interesting. I can't remember the exact title of the sermon, but it was something like What To Do If You Miss The Rapture. I thought that was an interesting subject for a pastor to preach to his church members, but what was really fascinating to me was there were many, many people in the congregation taking notes as the pastor shared things like "hide your Bible", "move to the country", and "save drinking water for the Tribulation Period". I remember thinking, that is one sermon in which I would not be taking notes.

Why? I don't plan on being here! I have strong confidence that the God of great grace provides us with strong assurance of our redemption. Peter encourages us to "make our calling and election sure..." (2 Peter 1:10), while Paul asserts "For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day." (2 Timothy 1:12)

It is my conviction that we do not have to "wonder" about our relationship with God. Not because of our perfection or obedience, but because of His great grace in our lives. I believe we can know beyond all doubt that we are ready if this would be the day.... And I pray that you are just as secure in your relationship with Him as well! Because one day it will be the day!

1 comment:

  1. This is informative content. Want to show you another useful article https://archicgi.com/blog/architecture/interior-design-presentation-tools/

    ReplyDelete