Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Overflowing With Hope

Peter tells us to “Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have." (1 Peter 3:15) For years I have heard the importance of being prepared to give and answer.  But Peter says that we should be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. The implication is that we are going to so be so overflowing with hope that people will actually ASK us the reason.

Can I ask you a pointed question? When was the last time someone asked you about the hope you have? I will honestly answer that question...I'm not sure anyone has ever asked me to give the reason for the hope that I have. I don't know about you, but I want my life to so overflow with hope that people actually ask me to give the reason why I am so hopeful! I think that is a major key to effective evangelism...we have God's great love, joy, and hope overflowing in our lives so amazingly that people actually ask us for the reason!

So as we enter this week of posts concerning the key elements of evangelism, I think the hope that we have in Christ has to rank as a top priority for us. We must be a hope-filled people who offer a hope-filled message.

Paul said in Colossian 1:27: "...God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory."The reason for our hope? Christ in you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment