Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Know What's Going On In Their Lives

This week we are looking at 2 Timothy 1:3-6 as we discuss reconnecting with the relationships that God has placed in our lives. Just a refresher, research indicates that people are most happy when they are in strong relationships with friends, co-workers, and family members. So how do we develop strong relationships?


Paul says in verses 3 - 4: “...as night and day I constantly remember you in my prayers. Recalling your tears...” Timothy was in tears. What was wrong? We don't know, but Paul did. He was close enough to Timothy that he, first of all, knew that Timothy was in tears; and, secondly, he prayed for Timothy because of his tears.

When I don't know what to pray for the people I love...that should be a red flag for me. When all I can say is, "Lord, bless..." but I can't add any more than that to my prayer request, that is an indicator that I am not paying enough attention to our relationship.

Do you know what's going on in the personal lives of those closest to you? There is an easy way to do it? Turn the TV off, set down for dinner or on the couch and talk! And if you will listen, you will hear more than enough to fill up your prayer time.

No comments:

Post a Comment