Thursday, January 17, 2013

It's Never Too Late To Turn Things Around

Jeremiah 18:7, 8 says: "If I announce that a certain nation or kingdom is to be uprooted, torn down, and destroyed, but then that nation renounces its evil ways, I will not destroy it as I had planned."

Sometimes, people act as if God's judgment or God's blessings are pre-determined. But God says through Jeremiah in this passage: "If I said I was going to destroy something or someone, but they repent, I won't do it." While I certainly won't pretend to understand everything about God's sovereignty, predestination, or His purposes (in fact, I understand very little about it), I do know that He told Jeremiah that repentance can change planned judgment.

What does that mean for you and I in the 21st Century? Again, I won't pretend to imply that I understand it all, but here is what I think it means for us...God's judgment is not a done deal on our nation, on our community, nor for you and I as individuals. It is never too late to change the course of our lives or the outcome of our lives.

Our future is not written in stone...Jeremiah says in is written in clay. There is still time to change the direction of your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment