Thursday, August 9, 2012

From "I'm So Sorry" To "God's So Great"

The second miracle I want to share with you comes from Don Womack. A few months ago, Don went to his doctor to have a small skin cancer removed from his face. Don has had several of those removed through the years, so he didn't think much about it. But a few days later, the doctor called Don, and Don's wife, Joyce, answered the phone. The doctor began with "I'm so sorry". That's not a good way to begin a conversation with your doctor!

He then proceeded to tell Joyce that the cancer was wrapped around a nerve in Don's face that led directly to his brain. Over and over he said, "I'm so sorry."

He scheduled Don to come back in for another MRI to see exactly how bad the situation was. But over the weekend, we began to pray for Don. Don's attitude was amazing. He said, "I've lived a long good life, and if it's my time to go, I'm ready. And if God wants to heal me, I'm ready."

We continued to pray throughout the weekend. When Don went back to the doctor for the follow up, he was amazed. He told Don, in essence, that it was there last week, wrapped around that nerve...but it's gone!" He basically told Don that he had thought Don wouldn't have long to live.

He suggested that Don follow up with some radiation on the spot just to be safe. He told Don that it wouldn't hurt, but it would make him tired. Don is now on about day 15 of the 20-something day treatment. Don told us Sunday, "I don't feel any different than I ever do!" (Of course, he added, and you just have to know Don's sense of humor, "I told the doctor that I was always tired anyway.")

We are so grateful for Don's amazing miracle of healing. God is great and greatly to be praised!

No comments:

Post a Comment